Advanced Urban Scent Discriminate Training
September 19 - September 22
Advanced Urban K9 Handler Training Sept. 19-22, 2022 – Tallahassee, FL
Learn advanced K9 trailing techniques in an urban environment. This 4-day Advanced Urban K9 Handler training course covers advanced search techniques of high-traffic K9 trailing including; aged trails, multiple dogs, vehicle trails, location checks, and drone overwatch and recon. Learn to navigate high traffic, hard surface trails, and find your target.
Click HERE to register for the next seminar and get more info. Call 850-272-6950 if you have any questions! Let’s Hit the Trail!
Price: $1500.00 4-Day Course – Training is located at our K9 Corporate Training Office in Tallahassee, FL.
Upon completion of this course, handlers should be able to:
- Understand techniques of locating targets using 16-24-hour aged trails
- Trail targets in vehicles
- Understand the trailing process for using multiple K9’s
- Recognize high-traffic environmental influences and their impact on trailing
- Understand the techniques of locating targets using location checks
- Integrate drone technology and K9 search strategies
- Understand scent evidence collection methods in an urban environment
- Trail human scent over hard surfaces
Paul Coley – Founder & CEO, Scent Evidence K9 – Instructor
Paul is a former FBI Forensic Canine Operations Specialist and has dedicated his entire career to public service in the fields of education, law enforcement, criminal justice, investigations, forensics, and emergency management.
Paul founded Scent Evidence K9 in 2012 to help communities and law enforcement agencies improve their methods of locating missing persons. Like many other canine handlers, Paul faced the challenge of finding an effective scent article during deployments. He developed the life-saving Scent Preservation Kit® and “The SEKR” Scent Evidence Collection Vacuum to provide K9 Trailing responders with uncontaminated scent articles and on-scene scent collection methods that increase location success while reducing the time it takes to find a target.