Agitator II Course
June 7 - June 9
Who is this course for?
Become an asset to your agency’s training group by improving your skills and enhancing the performance of your department’s police service dogs. This is a 24 hour hands-on class with personalized and individual training. Students will spend 3 days working the Basic Handler’s Class.
**This course will be limited to four students per class.**
This is a physically demanding and challenging course. Please come prepared!
Topics/Areas to be covered:
- Proper use and application of safety equipment to minimize injuries and reduce K9 related worker’s compensation claims.
- Proper application, timing, severity, and utilization of corrective tools and equipment.
- Learn to properly identify the dog’s drives (prey/defense) and agitate accordingly.
- Improve and hone your “guard & bark” techniques to enhance alerts and increase safety for officers and the public.
- Develop techniques to enhance “transitional” behavior.
- Proper muzzle fighting and undercover sleeve applications and techniques.
- Learn and develop confidence in the bite work: Taking “high bites” and “leg and body bites.” Learn how to properly “slip” a bite suit.
- Agitation for building and area searches, vehicle extractions, attic insertions, working “the blinds,” ground fighting, gunfire, stakeouts, “civil” agitation, and much more.