EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium
May 19 - May 20
Event: EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium
Dates: May 19-20, 2021
Location: Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA.
Description: Defense Strategies Institute’s 8th Annual EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium will bring together members of the various Military branches & Federal Government agencies to discuss the current state of advancing domestic and international counter-IED missions in support of US National Security interests. Senior level speakers at this forum will detail the many ways they are collaborating on disarming the threat that these various types of explosives can cause to the Homeland & critical infrastructure. They will also examine emerging innovative technologies, enhanced training, and methods of intelligence gathering that are vital to successful EOD and demining initiatives in the era of Great Power Competition.
Topics to be Covered at this Year’s Symposium:
- Providing JIDO with a situational understanding on how to respond to improvised threats in the Great Power Competition
- Countering the threat of WMD’s against the Warfighter & the Homeland
- Mitigating the use of explosives and IEDs against Critical Infrastructure
- Leading NECC’s Counter-IED solutions across the full spectrum of Naval operations
- Exploiting IED information & material to produce actionable intelligence that will protect the United States from terrorist attacks
- Developing dependable, highly trained & adaptive ordnance professionals to support the Total Force
- Assisting Local, State and Federal law enforcement in the investigation of bombings, arson, and explosives
- Facilitating electronic sensors capabilities to enhance C-IED and mine-field detection and defeat
- Integrating solutions to help increase EOD Tech recruitments across the DoD