Fun Hunts & Advanced Reward Systems
February 16 - February 17
- Course Dates: February 16-17, 2019
- Registration Deadline: February 1, 2019
- Hours: 16
- Handler Participant Registration Fee: $450 per student
- Observer: $200 per student
- Optional Room & Board Fee: $155 includes 2 night’s stay at SDF’s Handler’s Lodge and meals
We will kick off 2019 with a variety of “Fun Hunts” that will test each Handler’s ability to safely navigate themselves and their canine partners through a variety of disaster scenarios designed by Teresa MacPherson and Deborah Burnett. As Instructors, Teresa and Deborah will observe and critique the teams’ ability to locate live victims for rescue, and apply problem solving techniques. In addition, a portion of the weekend will focus on Advanced Reward Systems, once referred to as “Drive & Decoy” training. Handlers will learn how to develop and channel drive, as well as better motivate a variety of breeds, so as to get the most out of each Search Dog on their task force.
- All dogs must be:
- Under control and well-behaved;
- Dog may not be in heat;
- Trained indication on LF.
- Handlers must be affiliated with a recognized agency.
NOT required – Completion of Type II/FSA or Type I/CE certification(s).