- This event has passed.
K-9 BSD Scent Detection Trainers Course
Sep 11, 2017 - Sep 15, 2017$995
- Select and test the proper K-9 for scent detection.
- Create behavior modification through classical conditioning.
- Practice clear and concise K-9 communication.
- Shape K-9 behavior through positive reinforcement.
- Train your K-9 to search off leash and independently from the handler in addition to directed search patterns.
- Correct undesirable behaviors.
- Learn proper use of the K-9 B.S.D. (Behavior Shaping Device) to teach your dog to find target odor and disregard distractor odors.
- Set up a successful maintenance training schedule.
- Use, maintain, and store real and pseudo odors for training.
- Teach a passive alert and reward from source (AKA – The sit and stare at odor source)
Our five-day K-9 BSD Trainers Course encompasses all disciplines of scent detection using the Behavioral Shaping Device (B.S.D.) Method. Our 40-hour basic trainers course will give the students the knowledge on how to properly select a K-9 for scent detection, imprint them on target odors using B.S.D. Technology, and teach them to train a K-9 to independently search operational areas. We also offer an Advanced K-9 BSD Trainers Course that covers buried I.E.D. (Explosives) Detection and Body Worn Explosives Detection.
Tuition: $995.00 per student. Upon successful completion of the 40-hour course, you will receive a K-9 BSD Scent Detection Trainers Certificate.
Certified K-9 BSD INSTRUCTOR
This course was developed and is instructed by a law enforcement and military K-9 subject matter expert in scent detection. Classes are held at the K-9 BSD 34-acre training facility in Paducah, KY, and the facility has: a scent detection imprint room, a 40-person classroom, a 12,000 sq. ft. training building, a large outdoor fenced training field, 12 vehicles for scent detection training, warehouses and open outdoor areas for searching, and multiple off-site training locations.