Multi-Purpose Canine (MPC) Narcotics Course
Apr 19, 2021 - May 28, 2021
K2 SOLUTIONS, INC. offers a variety of Handler Courses through our Multi-Purpose Canine (MPC) Unit. These courses prepare handlers and canines to perform as a Law Enforcement team in tracking, criminal apprehension, article search, building/area searches, and detection; both narcotic and explosive, meeting the highest standards in the industry.
Training includes an opportunity for handlers to receive certification through any national organization, or the International Police Work Dog Association (IPWDA), at the conclusion of their training. Our Law Enforcement, Military, and Sport Canine Trainers have over 100 combined years of handler, training, and instructor experience.
Patrol & Criminal Apprehension
Dogs and handlers are trained to national standards to comply with most up-to-date case law.
- Control work includes; verbal out, calling off a suspect, and off-leash control around the decoy.
- Canines are trained to search buildings and outdoor areas to locate and apprehend suspects while off-leash. This creates distance between officers and suspects, therefore reducing the likelihood of violent interactions and officer involved shootings.
- Handlers are put through a variety of scenarios; challenging their officer safety skill knowledge of case law, policies and procedures, and ability to deploy their K9 to prepare them for the street, prior to graduating.
The course content covers the following areas:
Traits of a working canine:
- Desire to work
- General behavior
- Protective instinct
- Prey drive
- Fight drive
- Hunt drive
- Defense drive
- Possessiveness of reward
- Ability to use its olfactory senses
Areas of training:
- Article search
- Apprehension/Controlled Aggression
- Building search
- Area search