Ricky Farley is President of Alabama Canine (ACLEOTC). As a world-renowned, highly sought after trainer and speaker, Ricky continues to share his technique and elite canine training to professionals around the world.
Class: Beginning of Muzzle Training
This class will start at the very beginning of muzzle training and continue through using the muzzle in different typed of scenarios that are realistic for the street.
- Ways to condition your canine to the muzzle
- Soccer playing with your dog in a muzzle
- Muzzle pull offs
- Half muzzle
- Agitation skills needed for helping a dog to muzzle fight
- Using the combat table to start muzzle work
- Advantages and disadvantages to different types of muzzles
- How to take care of your muzzle so it will last longer
At the end of the class students will have a clear understanding of how to start their partner in muzzle training and take their patrol work to the next level.
Class: Muzzle Training Through Pictures: A Continuation of the Beginning of Muzzle Training
This class will start from the beginning on how to enhance your canine’s genetic fight drive through muzzle training. Teaching your dog that the fight is with the man and not the equipment will make for a much more reliable street ready partner.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION: Why muzzle train?
Advantages to muzzle training are …
- Combats equipment fixations
- Enhances genetic fight drive
- Safely re-enact any street scenario
- Picture training – Showing the dogs different situations that are normal to us but abnormal to him. Once your canine learns to not question what the agitator or agitators are doing or what they are wearing, but is only to go do his job then we have a K-9 that will perform on the street.
This is a highly sought-after class for specialized K-9 Units throughout the world.