Ricky Farley is President of Alabama Canine (ACLEOTC). As a world-renowned, highly sought after trainer and speaker, Ricky continues to share his technique and elite canine training to professionals around the world.
K-9 Narcotics Detection
This class discusses advantages and disadvantages of primary and secondary reward systems.
- Both passive and aggressive indications are discussed.
- Pros and cons of each along with modern training techniques used for training each.
- The true science of odor and how the atmospheric conditions play a role in permeation of narcotic substances.
- Common mistakes made by handlers in both handling and maintaining canines.
- Techniques to handling that are considered to be counterproductive to street applications.
Muzzle Fighting: Part 1 & 2
This class will start from the beginning on how to enhance your canine’s genetic fight drive through muzzle training. Teaching your dog that the fight is with the man and not the equipment will make for a much more reliable street ready partner.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION: Why muzzle train?
Advantages to muzzle training are …
- Combats equipment fixations
- Enhances genetic fight drive
- Safely re-enact any street scenario
- Picture training – Showing the dogs different situations that are normal to us but abnormal to him. Once your canine learns to not question what the agitator or agitators are doing or what they are wearing, but is only to go do his job then we have a K-9 that will perform on the street.
This is a highly sought-after class for specialized K-9 Units throughout the world.